Welcome to episode 85 of the AI Ireland podcast, the show that explores the applications and research of Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence on the island of Ireland.
Our mission is to increase the use of AI for the benefit of our society, our competitiveness and everyone living in Ireland.
In today’s episode, we are delighted to welcome Kevin Quinlan, Lead Data Scientist at ESB. A finalist in the category for Young AI Role Model of the Year at the 2022 AI Awards, Kevin is responsible for managing and developing projects across a range of business units and technologies, leveraging AI and machine learning techniques to generate value for ESB.
In the episode, Kevin talks about:
- The evolution of the data analytics department at ESB over the years (2:30)
- Using AI to identify Poles and map the positions in the power grids (4:25)
- Incorporating the mantra “one more thing” into every decision along the way (6:30)
- The sustainability benefits and time savings achieved through AI (12:00)
- Anticipating upcoming customer complaints with the help of AI (14:35)
Join us for the fourth annual AI Awards will be take place on the 23rd of November 2022 at The Gibson Hotel Dublin 1. This year’s AI Awards are sponsored by Headline sponsor Microsoft and along with the ADAPT Centre, Alldus International, CCT College Dublin, IDA Ireland and Mazars. To attend, head over to this link and grab your ticket today: https://www.eventbrite.
Finally, if you would like to hear more from AI Ireland, please reach out to us to learn more about AI Ireland membership and how to get involved with the 2022 AI Awards by contacting email@example.com.
Subscribe to the AI Ireland Podcast: