The AI Ireland Awards Rules
Please read the Terms & Conditions before proceeding with your entry
General Terms & Conditions
- The Irish AI Awards are open to any company with a presence on island of Ireland, a person working in Ireland or an Irish person working abroad. (Any applications with no Irish connection will not be put forward to judges shortlisting.)
- The winners will receive a hand-crafted Award statue designed by PromoCraft and will be featured in national media coverage such as RTE, Silicon Republic and The Irish Times. There is no cash award.
- A person or a single project from a company can apply for a maximum of two categories.
- Entrants do not need to have an official AI Ireland membership to apply. It is open to the general Irish public and is free to enter.
- If you are nominating on behalf of someone else, please ensure that you are both in agreement about applying and that the nominee’s name and contact details is the name on the application form.
- AI Ireland may allocate an application into a different category than originally selected. This will happen if we feel you are more suited to another category or you don’t qualify for the category that was selected in the online submission form.
- AI Ireland reserves the right to alter the rules and the terms & conditions at any time.
- We may add or remove categories based on applications received.
- Judges scores will NOT be made public. Additional feedback can be requested if provided by the judges.
- Your email address will be added to our communications on the AI Ireland Awards both this year and for future years.
- Applications for the 2024 AI Awards will open in Q1 2024.
- A single project from a company or person may submit nominations against a maximum of two award categories.
- All applications will be reviewed by the panel of judges during a three-week time period in September/october 2024 based on defined criteria. Judges will shortlist applications for each AI Ireland award in their assigned category.
- All nominees and winners will be decided solely on online applications.
- Shortlisted nominations will be announced in October 2024.
- Winners will be revealed at our awards ceremony in November 2024. Winners will not be notified in advance of the ceremony.
- All award categories will be shortlisted and judged by a panel of AI Ireland Awards Judges. There will be a minimum of 3 judges for each category.
- The judges will decide all award category nominees through online submissions. The top four highest-scoring submissions in each category will be shortlisted.
- In the event of a tie-breaker, the entry that ranked higher among the majority of the judging panel will be shortlisted.
- Winners will be also be chosen solely from online applications and will be announced at the awards ceremony in November.
- In the case of a tie-breaker, the overall entry that ranked higher among the majority of judges will be the winner.
Terms & Conditions for Judges
- All members of the judging panel are selected by the AI Ireland team. If you would like to reach out about joining the panel, you must be an Irish national or working on the island of Ireland.
- Judges will have their photos and profiles listed on our Judges page and will be expected to help with all stages of the judging process.
- All judging for the shortlisting nominations should be done individually online.
- No confidential data from nominations should be shared by judges outside of the AI Ireland network.
- Judges should only score via the material submitted by the applicant. AI Ireland will assign judges to categories after submissions are closed to avoid any potential bias when shortlisting nominations. Judges should declare if there is any conflict of interest among their assigned category.
- Judges can submit projects or their company to the application process but they will not judge the category they apply for (obviously 😉)
- Judges are encouraged to share feedback on the applications although is not a requirement.
- Judges are volunteers and are selected by the AI Awards Ireland committee. No fee will be provided to judges.
Tickets for the Awards Ceremony
- All sponsors, nominees and paid members of AI Ireland will receive the first allocation of tickets to the event.
- Each nominee who is selected as a finalist will receive one complimentary ticket only to the event.
- If an applicant receives multiple nominations, they will receive a complimentary ticket per nomination (eg. 2 nominations = 2 tickets).
- Additional tickets for nominees will be available at a discount price.
- There will be student and startup rates on offer.
- Super Early Bird and Early Bird tickets will be on offer before the event.
- Judges will receive one complimentary ticket each.
- Sponsors will receive tickets as agreed in their sponsorship package.
Day of the Awards Ceremony
- The event will take place in November 2024 is a morning to afternoon event
- It is a smart casual dress code.
- Attendees must ensure they have registered through Eventbrite as tickets will be checked at the registration.
- Any attendees who don’t have a ticket or are not registered on the guest list will be denied entry.
- All winners and selected sponsor representatives will be required to do a short video after the ceremony.
Take note that when submitting project information, please do not share confidential information or data.
It is important to note that no one should submit any info or data that is in any way critical or that represents anything that cannot be shared to a group of judges and advisors. In relation to IP, it is up to the applicant to protect the Intellectual Property.
Applications can submit data and charts but only for a specific project and never including any sensitive or critical data. The data will be stored in the cloud and once the competition is closed the data will be deleted.
Do not submit any data or information that relates to a person or group of persons and/or any information that can be used to identify a person and/or group of persons.
AI Awards will do our best to protect your personal data and projects submitted to the website. However, unfortunately, the