The AI Ireland Awards Rules
Please read the Terms & Condition before proceeding with your entry at the bottom of this page.
General Terms & Conditions
- The 2021 AI Ireland awards are open to any person or company on the island of Ireland only. Any applications made from outside Ireland will not be put forward to judges shortlisting.
- Global companies may apply, but need to have an office/operations located within the island of Ireland.
- The deadline for applications for the 2021 AI Awards is Friday 10th of September 2021.
- There is no cash alternative for the award winners.
- A company or person can apply for a maximum of two categories.
- AI Ireland may allocate an application into a different category than originally selected. This will happen if we feel you are more suited to another category or you don’t qualify for the category that was selected in the online submission form.
- AI Ireland Awards reserves the right to alter the rules and the terms & conditions at any time.
- We may add or remove categories based on feedback from the AI Ireland community.
- Judges scores will not be made public.
- Your email address will be added to our communications on the AI Ireland Awards both this year and for future years.
- A company or person may submit nominations against a maximum of two award categories.
- All applications will be reviewed by the panel of judges and based on defined criteria. Judges will shortlist applications for each AI Ireland award in their assigned category.
- Shortlisted nominations will be announced in early October 2021.
- All shortlisted entries may be required to present their work to the judging panel in their shortlisted category.
- Should a nominee be unable to present either in person or virtually, the next highest nominee will then be drafted in as a replacement.
- Unsuccessful applicants may not be notified prior to the public release of the shortlists.
- Winners will not be notified in advance of the awards ceremony.
- All award categories will be shortlisted and judged a panel of AI Ireland Awards Judges.
- All award categories will be decided by the judges via shortlisting nomination review and further virtual presentations.
- Judges scores will be counted and used to determine four successful shortlists in each category.
- Should there be a tie for the final shortlist, the head judge in the assigned category will have the final say.
- The will be a minimum of 3 judges for each category. Judges will make a joint decision on the winners in their assigned category followed the shortlist presentations.
Terms & Conditions for Judges
- Judges will have their photos and profiles listed on our Judges page and will be expected to help with all stages of the judging process.
- All judging for the initial shortlisting nominations should be done individually online.
- No confidential data from nominations should be shared by judges outside of the AI Ireland network. Breach of this will result in removal from the process.
- Judges cannot influence which category they will be assigned unless agreed as part of a sponsorship package.
- Judges may be required to further assess the nominees via virtual presentations where the nominees will present their projects to the judges assigned in their category.
- Judges are volunteers and are selected by the AI Awards Ireland committee. No fee will be provided to judges.
The AI Awards Ceremony
- The 2021 AI Awards will be a virtual event.
- All sponsors will receive 10 VIP tickets to the AI Awards unless agreed otherwise. These tickets include judges who repesent an AI Awards 2021 sponsor.
- Each additional judge not part of a Sponsorship package will receive 1 complimentary ticket for the AI Awards.
- Each successful shortlisted nominee will receive 2 complimentary tickets to the AI Awards. Up to 5 additional tickets may be granted at a reduced rate upon request.
- Tickets will go on sale in October 2020. Ticket costs will be announced in September/October 2021.
Take note that when submitting project information, please do not share confidential information or data.
It is important to note that no one should submit any info or data that is in any way critical or that represents anything that cannot be shared to a group of judges and advisors. In relation to IP, it is up to the applicant to protect the Intellectual Property.
Applications can submit data and charts but only for a specific project and never including any sensitive or critical data. The data will be stored in the cloud and once the competition is closed the data will be deleted.
Do not submit any data or information that relates to a person or group of persons and/or any information that can be used to identify a person and/or group of persons.
AI Awards will do our best to protect your personal data and projects submitted to the website. However, unfortunately, the