Welcome to episode 67 of the AI Ireland podcast, the show that explores the applications and research of Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence on the island of Ireland.
Our mission is to increase the use of AI for the benefit of our society, our competitiveness and everyone living in Ireland.
In today’s show, we are joined by David Moloney, Chief Scientist at Ubotica Technologies. Ubotica Technologies develops and deploys AI solutions for industrial and commercial edge computing applications using the Myriad family of Vision Processing Units.
In addition to custom Neural Network development, the company specialises in combining AI with Computer Vision pipelines in hardware-targeted applications. Ubotica is actively engaged in the Space, IoT and Industry 4.0 sectors.
In the episode, David discusses:
- An overview of his background
- Founding Movidius and his previous work in Intel
- His current work with Ubotica Technologies
- Fascinating problems they are solving via Machine Learning
- Challenges they face working on Space-related projects
- His passion for Space innovation
- Exciting applications of AI that can impact society
A big thank you to David for being this week’s guest on the AI Ireland Podcast. If you would like to learn more about Ubotica Technologies, please check them out at www.ubotica.com.
Finally, if you would like to hear more from AI Ireland, please reach out to us to learn more about AI Ireland membership and how to get involved with the 2021 AI Awards by contacting email@example.com.
Subscribe to the AI Ireland Podcast: