Applications for 2021 AI Awards are now open, so here are some tips on how to maximise your online application and better your chances of being shortlisted for the finals.
This year, the quality of your online submission is more important than ever as this will not only determine the four lucky shortlisted nominees but also the 2021 AI Awards champions. Therefore, it is important to provide as much detail as possible in your application. The more thought and effort put into your submission the better chance you will have of being shortlisted.
Our panel can only judge the quality of your online submission. In addition to the quality of online submissions, the judges want to see originality, complexity and impact. They want to know how your brand, product or project can change the world and positively affect society in some way.
Here are some key guidelines to help you submit a perfect application form:
Please provide a brief overview of what your company does:
- How has your company started to apply AI and new technology within the business?
- What inspired you to do so and what is the goal?
Reason for Nomination
This is the most important part of the application. The judges want to know:
- What is the problem you are trying to solve?
- How did you go about it?
- What technologies did you use and why?
- How difficult was it?
- What challenges did you need to overcome?
- What was the result?
Explain how this project or product will positively impact our everyday lives either today or in the future. How will it change how we do business or how we produce products? How many people will be impacted by the changes?
- Technological / Technical Achievement – New type of machine learning
- Societal – Helps improve us and the world around us (e.g. Save the Whales, Combat Climate Change, Eliminate Poverty, Cure a Disease)
- Economic – Changes how business works. Disruptive or transformational?
- Scientific – Something revolutionary in its approach to solving stubborn problems
This is where you provide any additional information that you feel is important to mention that may not have been covered in the points above.
This could be originality, complexity, what separates your brand/product/project from the competition or the time & resources put in to make this happen.
If you follow these helpful guidelines, then you will have a strong chance of being shortlisted and be in with a strong chance of claiming the coveted prize this November.
This year, there are eight categories that you can apply for this year, including our brand new award for Best Use of AI to achieve Social Good. Check out the full list of categories at this link.
You can submit your project to a maximum of two categories. For more rules and guidelines about online submissions & the shortlisting process, please click here.
Applications close on Friday 24 September 2021.
We look forward to reading your applications over the coming weeks and wish you the very best of luck!